The following principles apply to the personally identifying information we ask for and that you provide. "Personally identifying information" is information that individually identifies you, such as your email address.
To register for Chatovod, you are asked to provide your email address. You are also asked to choose a personal screen name and password. You may also provide optional information, such as your gender, country, age, and photo.
To submit a data deletion request, please contact us via the contact form. Please note that these requests apply only to information that Chatovod holds as a "controller." If your request relates to the personal data collected through a customer’s websites or digital products, you should direct your request to the owner of that website or product. Please note that you must verify your identity and request before Chatovod will process your request. You may be required to provide email confirmation or other information in order for us to verify your identity.
We do store IP addresses of all incoming connections to Chatovod servers. This information is stored for security purposes such as preventing abuse or intrusion. When a user sends a message to a Chatovod Group, the IP address of the sender is recorded and displayed to the group owner and to the group moderators created by the group owner, so that the group owner and moderators can ban the sender from the group. IP addresses contain no personal or confidential information.
We store payment information (credit card type, card holder's name, credit card expiration date, PayPal account email) for all payments and donations made to Chatovod. Credit card numbers are not stored on our servers. This information is only used for security purposes, such as preventing fraudulent payments.
- We do not sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals. We may share such information in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We conclude that we are required by law or have a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Chatovod, its users or the public.
- If you choose to provide your age, gender, location, photographs or videos, we may share this information with other Chatovod users as a part of the Chatovod service.
Third Party Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We do not store your passwords, or credit card numbers, we only store their HMAC hash.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
March 26, 2022